[ic] Running a system command in a perl tag?

IC ic at tvcables.co.uk
Mon Jan 21 00:25:06 UTC 2013

> This is a really bad idea, even if you could get it to work you'd be
> blowing away loads of security in Interchange to accomplish it, we're
> not just talking about poking a small hole in security to accomplish
> what you want, we're talking about blowing away massive amounts of it.
>
> Tell us what you're trying to accomplish and maybe we can come up with a
> better solution that doesn't require compromising your entire box at a
> root level to do it.
>

> Peter

Hi Peter,

The issue I have is persistent sql injection type attacks causing load on
the server, I can easily detect these within IC and wanted a way to
temporarily auto ban the IP using csf, at the moment I have do it manually.

The attacks appear as IC searches, they don't achieve anything except
slowing the server down, as I can easily detect them within IC it seemed
like a good idea to use a script within IC.

Any suggestions on other ways to tackle it would be welcome.

Andy.