[ic] Discounting slow-selling inventory

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 07:21:25 UTC 2013

Has anyone come up with a good method for discounting inventory that
hasn't sold in a while?  I cache each product's number of sales in the
last X days in a special field in the products table so that can be
used as a basis for the discount decision, but I'm having trouble
coming up with a good method to change the price.  I only want the
discount applied to in-stock inventory, so if 1 is in stock and
someone orders 2, they shouldn't receive the discount on both.  Can
someone point me in the right direction?  Should I use [discount],
CommonAdjust, something else?

- Grant