[ic] Heartland Payment Processing (Merchant Services)

Josh Lavin josh at perusion.net
Fri Jul 19 14:34:29 UTC 2013

Quoting Scott Martin (smartin at steamvalve.com):

> Does anyone have any experience with Heartland? They all promise
> to save you money, but was wondering if anyone has any experience
> with them.

I looked them up a while ago, after they approached me. They had a big
security breach in 2008, so with that and their unsolicited contact, I
decided to not go further. Although I guess recovering from a breach
could make one instill better security practices.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heartland_Payment_Systems
http://www.2008breach.com/

Sometimes it helps when comparing providers to ask for Interchange+
pricing. This has nothing to do with the Interchange software, but with
credit card rates.

This site has a lot of advice: http://www.cardpaymentoptions.com/

--
Josh Lavin