[ic] flypage print problem

kerry blalock kerry at basicq.com
Sun Jun 30 22:44:21 UTC 2013

On 06/30/2013 05:53 PM, Peter wrote:
> On 06/30/2013 09:13 PM, kerry blalock wrote:
>> Thanks for the alternatives and suggestions. I have only tried Peter's
>> perl block and it works for printing the truck shipping but that is all
>> it prints about the item description as placed in the flypage.
>
> It wasn't meant to be a complete solution but just to point you in the
> right direction.  You will need to modify to suit.
>
>> I will
>> try the ITL suggestions but am concerned on the resource usage you
>> mentioned Peter.
>
> Yes, the ITL will work, but you should always try to avoid fetching
> the same data multiple times from the db on a single page, that's just
> plain wasteful.
>

> Peter
I realized it was pointer and intend to work with it some more to see if
I can find figure out how to implement it without major reconstruct of
the flypage. I am not strong in programing but am trying to improve on it.

Thanks for the input and help with a temporary fix. It is much better
than flagging each description of the items involved as that can become
a nightmare to upkeep down the road. At least it is in one file to
change when and if needed.

Kerry