[ic] Interchange 5.8.0

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Wed May 29 15:37:16 UTC 2013

On Wed, 29 May 2013, Stefan Hornburg (Racke) wrote:

> It's really time now to get Interchange 5.8.0 out of the door. Don't
> hesitate to reply if you want to get any changes into it. The patch of
> Peter Motschmann replacing Vend::Safe with old Safe is definitely a
> candidate.

That one is important since people are having so much trouble with newer
perls.

However, it's also a big change, and now that that's in Git, I suggest we
start a code freeze and do more serious testing to make sure we're not
releasing 5.8.0 in a broken state.

Shall we plan on releasing a 5.8.0 release candidate early next week?
Without a date on the calendar I don't know that this will get done.

> Just so you know, there is no time to wait on any particular issue.
> Everything that is missing / broken in 5.8.0 can be fixed in point
> releases.

Agreed.

Jon

--