[ic] Shipping Survey

Richard Templet richard at endpoint.com
Tue Sep 3 13:56:40 UTC 2013

On Mon, Sep 02, 2013 at 10:47:12AM +0200, Stefan Hornburg (Racke) wrote:
> We are currently working on Interchange 6 and shipping would be a major component of that.
> Shipping in Interchange 5 can be quite scary, especially if you try to debug Vend::Ship.
> The plan is to break it into smaller pieces and seperate modules, e.g. using the
> hook feature. Also to using modules from CPAN / writing modules for CPAN outside of
> the Interchange core helps the general Perl community and us to have a manageable
> eCommerce software.
>
> It would be nice to know which shipping modules / features you use in Interchange 5
> and what things you want to like to improve.
>
> Also if someone is interested in the topic and wants to deliver a presentation
> or join a discussion on our conference, we would really appreciate it.
>
> http://www.ecommerce-innovation.com/
>
> Or (for people using ACT):
>
> http://act.ecommerce-innovation.com/eic2013/
>
> Waiting on your feedback 8-)

The feature I've used the most is the ability to call a usertag to figure out all the business logic and return the amount to charge. Once I realized I could do that instead of learning all the other options it felt like the easiest way to do it. It allows me to put my logic in a Perl module and makes it a lot easier to maintain. I'd be quite sad if that went away. :)

Richard Templet
End Point Corporation