[ic] graph.usertag

dev2 at adeux.net dev2 at adeux.net
Mon Aug 18 14:00:57 UTC 2014

Hello,
I am trying to use the graph.usertag on the RTFM site - looking at the documentation I have come up with the following syntax:
[graph type="lines" title="Temperature" x_label="Time" y_label="degrees c" query=""]
However, I do not really folow what the query should be.  The documentation says:
query - SQL query returning data to populate the graph with.  The first column
  returned is the code or label of the dataset, the second column is the x-axis
  label and the 3rd column is the y-axis point.
Does that mean that each row needs the dataset name - eg:
temp 10:00 20.0
temp 10:01 20.0
temp 10:02 19.9
etc
Given that the tag dates from 2007, is this still the best way to produce dynamic charts or has anyone used something else/

TIA