[ic] [interchange] Improve application/json POST support

David Christensen david at endpoint.com
Tue Dec 30 19:49:01 UTC 2014

Okay, here's an improved patch which adds atop the two I've already committed.  Main additional changes are related to improved notifications on startup when JSON.pm isn't found (considered an "advertisement" for people to install said module) and more logging/HTTP 415 handling for attempted POSTs with application/json Content-Type.

Technically, this changes how IC was handling POSTs of application/json, in that it would previously treat things as a 200 with an empty POST body (i.e., no CGI vars), and now the same POST would be returning an error; I think it's the right thing to do in this case though, but want to hear others' opinions before pushing upstream.

Thoughts?

David
--
David Christensen