[ic] undefined carts on upgrade

David Etheredge David_e at charter.net
Sat Feb 1 23:41:45 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
From: "Josh Lavin" <josh at perusion.com>
To: <interchange-users at icdevgroup.org>
Sent: Monday, January 06, 2014 9:54 AM
Subject: Re: [ic] undefined carts on upgrade

> Quoting David Etheredge (David_e at charter.net):
>> Set up the Standard catalog in a blank /public_html.
>>
>> Something apparantly was not set up correct as file ownerships and
>> permissions did not match.
>>
>> Manually corrected as best as possible.
>>
>> I am back to getting the same errors.
>>
>> Enabled debugging and tracing. This is what I get in icdebug on
>> interchange restart.:
>
> Gert suggested installing the standard catalog. Good job trying that. I
> would take it one step further and install the standard catalog on a
> fresh dedicated server or VPS.
>
> For example, see:
> http://www.pajamian.dhs.org/Rackspace%20Interchange%20Setup.html
>
> These kinds of problems are completely related to your server setup;
> they are not normal.
>
> If you do this, then you will be able to have a running Interchange
> server. Then you can start to play with other systems, etc, but at least
> you will have a base that works.
>
> If you want to persist with your current server setup which is causing
> you to pull your hair out, then I would recommend a competent
> consultant, who may be able to help.
>
> --
> Josh Lavin
> Perusion -- Expert Interchange Consulting    http://www.perusion.com/
> ... ask me about job opportunities ...

Thanks Josh,

I redid the setup on a VPS using CENTOS6, and all current requirements met.

Complete new cart using standard .   Still having pgsql errors. Also does
not work with mysql.

OK, this is what I see so far:

Configuring catalog ezclang...Using PostgreSQL, DSN=dbi:Pg:dbname=ezclang...
from EZCLANGVend::Table::DBI:debug: opening table class=Vend::Table::DBI
tablename=tree config={
  'PRINTERROR' => 0,
  'PASS' => 'EZK001',
  'db_file' => 'tree',
  'AUTO_SEQUENCE_DROP' => '1',
  'NO_ASCII_INDEX' => '1',
  'DIR' => '/home/ezclang/catalogs/ezclang/products',
  'file' => 'tree.txt',
  'AUTO_NUMBER_FILE' =>
'/home/ezclang/catalogs/ezclang/products/.tree.autonumber',
  'HIDE_FIELD' => 'inactive',
    'parent_fld',
    'mgroup',
    'msort'
  ],
  'COLUMN_DEF' => {
    'member' => 'varchar(1)',
    'inactive' => 'int not null default 0',
    'msort' => 'varchar(8)',
    'parent_fld' => 'varchar(20)',
    'extended' => 'text'
  },
  'included_from' => 'dbconf/pgsql/tree.pgsql',
  'db_text' => '/home/ezclang/catalogs/ezclang/products/tree.txt',
  'db_file_extended' =>
'/home/ezclang/catalogs/ezclarng/products/.tree.sql',
  'USER' => 'interch',
  'HIDE_AUTO_FILES' => '1',
  'DEFAULT_TYPE' => 'varchar(255)',
  'KEY' => 'code',
  'DSN' => 'dbi:Pg:dbname=ezclang',
  'name' => 'tree',
  'AUTO_SEQUENCE' => 'tree_seq',
  'Class' => 'DBI',
  'type' => 8,
  'RAISEERROR' => 1,
  'ObjectType' => 'Vend::Table::DBI'
}
 call=
Vend::Table::DBI:debug: bad= connecting to dbi:Pg:dbname=ezclang     <<<<<<<
Yes, correct
Vend::Table::DBI:debug: tree: DBI didn't die, bad=
<<<<<< something wrong here

Vend::Table::DBI:debug: tree connected to
dbi:Pg:dbname=ezclang_interch_EZK001               <<<<<<<<<< interchange is
now using the wrong ID !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vend::Table::DBI:debug: opening table class=Vend::Table::DBI tablename=state
config=

Vend::Table::DBI:debug: state using cached connection
dbi:Pg:dbname=ezclang_interch_EZK001      <<<<<<<<< continues to use the
wrong ID

David