[ic] Saving and restoring shopping carts

Stefan Hornburg (Racke) racke at linuxia.de
Mon Jan 13 17:46:44 UTC 2014

On 01/13/2014 06:20 PM, William Carr wrote:
> How would I go about in Interchange having the shopping cart automatically saved (userdb.carts) every time the cart is updated
> and then restored when the user signs in? The idea is a consumer starts shopping on one computer adding items to the cart and
> then once logged back into the site on another computer their cart from their previous session is available.

I have such a feature implemented for a couple of clients, with cart storage in a carts and cart_products table.

Supporting code can be found here:

https://github.com/interchange/wellwell/blob/master/lib/WellWell/DatabaseCart.pm

If you want to keep the cart in the session so you can use regular Interchange tags it is possible
to update the session cart from the database at the beginning of the page handling.

BTW: This feature is standard behaviour in Interchange 6. 8-)

Regards
	Racke

Interchange Development Team