[ic] [interchange] * As of Jan 31, 2014 Authorize.Net stopped accepting a transaction ID

Mike Heins mikeh at perusion.com
Fri Jan 31 17:50:33 UTC 2014

Quoting Mike Heins (interchange-cvs at icdevgroup.org):
> commit fa1459c62982dc7bd57bb92f5f1b391ec111be2c
> Author: Mike Heins <heins at icdevgroup.com>
> Date:   Fri Jan 31 12:41:20 2014 -0500
>
>     * As of Jan 31, 2014 Authorize.Net stopped accepting a transaction ID
>       on transaction types that don't need it. That should be AUTH_ONLY
>       and AUTH_CAPTURE, though I am waiting on a definitive pronouncement
>       from them.

Heads up to all who use Vend::Payment::AuthorizeNet -- if you are having
troubles, and you routinely provide an order_id as a part of your charge
transaction, then this might be your trouble. I had a client go down
for payments today.

I solved it with the above patch.

Still waiting for a pronouncement from AuthNet support. Will update if
there is anything of interest that comes from them.

--
Mike Heins
Perusion -- Expert Interchange Consulting  http://www.perusion.com/

"Laughter is inner jogging." -- Norman Cousins