[ic] Interchange 6 Hackathon

Lyn St George lyn at zolotek.net
Thu Mar 6 18:58:57 UTC 2014

On 06/03/2014 14:47, Stefan Hornburg (Racke) wrote:
> We are now setup in Hancock and going to start the hackathon. Our game plan is
> currently:
>
> Jure: Wireframes for new demo shop which replaces Flowers experimental shop
> Sam:  TableEditor in camps + Shipping solution for Interchange 6
> Racke: Checkout process, TableEditor + Template::Flute improvements
> Peter M.: Tests
>
> You are welcome to participate - there is a task list in the Github wiki:
>
> https://github.com/interchange/Interchange6/wiki/Tasks
>
> Or just do what you feel is important - contact us here or on #interchange
> (freenode).
>
> Regards
> 	Racke

For shipping I'm using Business::OfflineShipping which I plan to package
up nicely and put on CPAN in a day or so. It has submodules for
RoyalMail, USPS, and UPS, possibly others to come. All of these use
offline databases rather than online lookups. TBH I'm not sure if a
database-reliant module is the kind of thing CPAN wants though - if not
I'll just put the package on kiwi.

I've also written Dancer::Plugin::PaypalExpressRoutes and put that on
CPAN. This is an interface for Business::PayPal::API::ExpressCheckout
and registers keywords for completing a transaction. Sample routes are
in the documentation.

Lyn