[ic] PayPal Standard

Josh Lavin josh at perusion.com
Tue Oct 21 21:11:53 UTC 2014

Quoting Kay Hilsberg (khilsberg at hunterhilsberg.com):
> Hi,
> I am looking for an integration of the PayPal Standard payment solutions
> option in interchange.  I could not find one.  Is/can the PayflowPro.pm be
> used for this as it mentions Paypal payments or is there another module that
> one would need to use for the Paypal Payment Standard option?

It looks to me like PayPal Standard only provides HTML code that you can
copy and paste onto your website to provide "Buy now with PayPal"
buttons.

For a fuller purchase experience, such as a shopping cart, you would
need PayPal Express Checkout, which can be integrated via the PaypalExpress.pm
module. You can use it in conjunction with a merchant account, so you
can accept credit cards as well, or standalone to just accept PayPal.

More info on PayPal Express Checkout:
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/express-checkout

To use PayPal's own merchant account, you would sign up for PayPal
Payments Pro, and use the PayflowPro.pm module. (I think PayPal
rebranded their PayflowPro service as PayPal Payments Pro.)
PayflowPro.pm supports credit cards, as well as PayPal payments.

--
Josh Lavin
... ask me about job opportunities ...