[ic] Interchange demo menu

Tom Friedel thomfriedel at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 22:45:39 UTC 2014

I've never used the fancy javascript menu in the demo, but when someone
asked me recently how that works (in a slightly older version) I coudn't
answer. I see tmp/product_tree and found some posts that said that is
rebuilt perioducilly with a timed build function, but I think it must be
rebuilt from the tree table, and how is that table created/updated? I was
also asked about the admin menu loader  that generates Untitled.txt, but
couldn't explain   The goal is to have the left menu updated when products
are changed.  Pointers to docuentation welcome.

thanks
tom friedel