[ic] form profiles

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Mon Feb 23 23:01:58 UTC 2015

On 02/11/2015 07:31 AM, Grant wrote:
> Braintree gives this error when attempting to process a credit card sometimes:
>
> "Postal code can only contain letters, numbers, spaces, and hyphens."
>
> I've only used required/mandatory with mv_form_profile so I'm not sure
> how to set up this sort of a check to work with [error].  Can someone
> point me in the right direction?  I seem to remember "zip" in
> etc/profiles.order that I was planning to use as a starting point but
> it isn't there any more.

So if I understand correctly you want IC to have the same requirement
before the data goes out to Braintree.

There is zip, ca_postcode and postcode checks but that limits you to US
and Canadian postal codes, see:

http://www.icdevgroup.org/interchange-doc-5.2.0/frames/ictemplates_36.html

You probably want  the regex check which is documented on the same page
as follows:

zip=regex ![^A-Za-z0-9 -] "Postal code can only contain letters,
numbers, spaces, and hyphens."

Peter