[ic] Interchange really bad for SEO?

DB db at m-and-d.com
Fri Jun 19 12:37:00 UTC 2015

> Quoting David Etheredge (David_e at charter.net):
>> While I have not upgraded to the latest version, I have found a serious
>> problem with SEO in interchange based websites.
>
> I'm not sure of the state of the "standard" template WRT SEO, but of
> course you can change anything you don't like.
>
> The "strap" templates (not distributed with IC yet) have tons of
> SEO-goodness:
> http://www.perusion.com/demos.html
>
> Best,
> Josh

<snip>

Hi Josh... I've been meaning to try out your strap stuff. Is it best
used as a new catalog, or is there a way to instead use it with an
existing IC5 catalog for only certain pages?

Currently my site uses a (quite old) modified Foundation and I'm looking
for a quick/easy way to make at least some pages mobile-friendly until
IC6 is a bit further along. I've managed to make versions of the
existing templates that pass Google's mobile-friendly test but they're
not yet very pretty.

DB