[ic] Redundant code in DBI.pm?

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Fri Mar 13 14:51:53 UTC 2015

On 03/14/2015 02:57 AM, Mike Heins wrote:
> It seems to, and it seems safe and logical. But I would hesitate to
> modify it at this point unless you are going to remove the bug/feature
> completely.

I'm adding a feature: Database foo QUOTE_IDENTIFIERS
...or more likely: DatabaseDefault QUOTE_IDENTIFIERS

See the ml thread "Quoting Identifiers" for more details.

> I would be for removing it if we did some sanity checks on the final
> product, i.e. check $$columns[i] for some field-name-like value.

Well I've managed to write my code so that those two lines aren't
affected by it whether QUOTE_IDENTIFIERS is set or not, so I can leave
it in.  I just noticed those lines when I was digging around in that
section of code and I think the first can, at least, be removed without
consequence.  But I can leave it in to be extra safe.

Peter