[ic] article submission site in interchange
icgort33 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 01:37:47 UTC 2015
On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 5:30 AM, David Etheredge <David_e at charter.net>
> I have seen where interchange can be used for CMS.
> Has anyone tried to set up or know of an CMS site for submitted articles
> that is run under interchange?
> I am wanting to set up a new article submission site at
> http://articlecontents.com/ and would like to use Interchange if possible.
It depends on how much time you have and your programming preferences. If
short on time I would probably choose an out of the box framework. However
if you want to use Interchange I suggest that Interchange would easily meet
the requirements of an article submission and publishing framework.
Your question is very general however as a starting point my approach to
using Interchange for this type of thing today would be as follows:
- Install Interchange 5.8.x and the latest Interchange Strap catalog. This
will fast track to a site that passes the Google Mobile Friendly
requirements, includes Bootstrap design elements and features, and includes
user registration functions, member only pages etc.
- Create the data table and fields you need to cover for article content,
i.e. subject, article content, article tags, categories, image fields etc
- Include a userid field in this article table.
- Include a published yes/no field in this table.
- Create a public form for registered users to submit articles.
- On form submission save the data into the article table, save the images
using the article id as a reference, save the userid, and include an email
function to alert you that an article has been submitted is pending
moderation. If approved set the published flag to Yes (You can view and
edit submitted data using the tables management area in IC admin UI)
- Build a public front end to display the articles, images and author names
(based on userid)
All very doable and would be a fun project to complete using Interchange.
Others here might suggest Dancer instead of 5.8 for this however Dancer is
uncharted territory for me at this point in time.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the interchange-users