[ic] Using uploadhelper widget in the Admin (table editor)

Mike Heins mikeh at endpoint.com
Fri Sep 11 01:35:43 UTC 2015

Quoting Jeff Boes (jeff at endpoint.com):
> I'm trying to add a file upload widget (uploadhelper.widget) to an
> existing table. I added a new column to represent the field,
> adjusted the column to use "uploadhelper" as its widget, and started
> tinkering with the widget configuration.
>
> It appeared to me that you could control what options get passed
> into the widget by adding "name=value" pairs to the widget in the
> "Typical" tab:
>
> Options | path=pdf        |
>         | umask=022       |
>         | value=_UI_VALUE |
>
> "umask" and "value" seem to work, as the resulting HTML looks like this:
>
> <input type="file" name="document_file" value="blahblahblah">
> <input type="hidden" name="ui_upload_file_path:document_file" value="">
> <input type="hidden" name="document_file" value="blahblahblah">
> <input type="hidden" name="ui_upload_umask:document_file" value="022">
>
> but as you can see, "path" is not set. I've tracked this into the
> widget's code, and it appears "path" isn't passed in as an option.
>
> Does anyone have advice here, or a successful use of the widget in
> the admin?

It is normally done with the "outboard" parameter in the metadata.
That gets automatically passed in Vend::Table::Editor, I beleive.

--
Mike Heins
End Point -- Expert Internet Consulting    http://www.endpoint.com/

An empty head is not really empty; it is stuffed with rubbish. Hence
the difficulty of forcing anything into an empty head. -- Eric Hoffer