[ic] Using uploadhelper widget in the Admin (table editor)

Mike Heins mikeh at endpoint.com
Mon Sep 14 13:01:18 UTC 2015

Quoting Jeff Boes (jeff at endpoint.com):
> On 2015-09-10 21:35, Mike Heins wrote:
> >
> >It is normally done with the "outboard" parameter in the metadata.
> >That gets automatically passed in Vend::Table::Editor, I beleive.
>
> Hmm. I tried "outboard" but it didn't seem to work. My current
> solution was to hack the uploadhelper widgets to parse the "options"
> parameter to tease out the "path=.*" part and use that.
>
> If you have a working example I'd be very grateful for a chance to
> look it over.

Just tested it. Any IC demo will work.

1. Create a directory in your catalog directory, "foo". Make sure it
   is writable by the IC daemon.

2. Go to the Items tab in the admin, and pick any old field. Edit the
   metadata to set widget to uploadhelper, and go to the "Advanced"
   tab and set Directory to "foo".

3. Save the widget, then go to that field in the admin. You should see
   an upload widget.

Now use the widget to upload a file, and you will see that it goes
to the "foo" directory.

--
Mike Heins
End Point -- Expert Internet Consulting    http://www.endpoint.com/

{((>:o}~  <<<<Oh look!!! An idolatrous image of the prophet!!! Surely
we must now avenge this blasphemy by burning down the world!!!