[ic] Strap

Frank Reitzenstein frank at aussievitamin.com
Sat Sep 26 09:30:09 UTC 2015

Hello Josh,

Thankyou very much for your response.

I am running Perl 5.20.2 on Ubuntu 15.04 Server. I also use startx with
a full carefully crafted Desktop and I can 'pkill -f x-session-manager'
when it is to run as a server in my office.

I was using makecat and Postgresql ...for the first time after giving up
on Mysql (Also INET for the first time). I also had errors in Safe.pm
with your Interchange 5.8.2 tar.gz download, so I stole Safe.pm from the
Ubuntu apt-get install interchange one.

So far I can report that I can create many times as many catalogs in one
sitting with Postgresql without mishap than on Mysql, so I guess the
next step is an automated script.

So you may wish to to note that the table you mentioned and others were
NOT created by makecat as they should have been. I can send more details
if necessary. I have become proficient in surviving. I am building text
files which can be pasted into mysql and postgresql.

sudo -u postgres psql
ALTER USER postgres PASSWORD 'newpassword';
CREATE DATABASE aussievitamin with OWNER aussievitamin
DROP TABLE products;

CREATE TABLE products (
sku    varchar(64) NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,
description varchar(128),
title varchar(128),
comment text,
thumb varchar(128),
image varchar(64),
price varchar(12),
category varchar(64),
nontaxable varchar(3),
weight varchar(12) ,
size varchar(96) ,
color varchar(96) ,
related text ,
featured varchar(32) ,
inactive varchar(3) default '' ,
gift_cert varchar(3) default ''
);

Anyway looking forward to implementing ncheck_catagory.tag on your
suggestions. Not sure if I want to downgrade perl but I may need to.

I have become a dangerous hacker over the years but I have little
understanding of your fancy development community.

Regards,

Frank Reitzenstein

https://github.com/jdigory/strap/commit/76fc3ffa280922606034c280d83d7f837790fa8f