[ic] 5.10 Issue

S. Caballe scaballe at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 08:47:17 UTC 2016

On 01/08/16 22:02, Salvador Caballe wrote:
> On 31/07/16 22:06, Mike Heins wrote:
>> Quoting  Salvador Caballé (scaballe at gmail.com):

>>> The 5.10 stable release tar file, dated Jan-6-2016
>>>
>>> http://ftp.icdevgroup.org/interchange/5.10/tar/interchange-5.10.0.tar.gz
>>
>> I asked because I recently made a change to Vend::Scan, albeit a minor
>> one.
>>
>> I now wonder if you have some embedded Perl which uses the Search
>> object and some upgrade to some other module now causes it to violate
>> Safe. The Vend::DbSearch module is included, and you shouldn't get
>> this error in the normal search.
>>

> Mike,
>
> Thanks for the information, I'll check the code in the results page
>
> best regards
> Salvador

I found 2 problems, one was the ncheck_category tag, was an old version.

the other problem is in an ActionMap subroutine

the following code not work with 5.10

Actionmap brand <<EOR
  sub {
         my ($action, $brand) = split ('/', shift);
         $CGI->{mv_todo} = 'search';
         $CGI->{mv_value} = 'more_link=';
         $CGI->{mv_searchspec} = "$brand";
         $CGI->{mv_profile} = 's3';
         $CGI->{mv_nextpage} = 'results.html';
         $Tag->update('process');
         return 1;
  }
EOR

returns this error:

Sorry, there was an error in processing this form action. Please report the
error or try again later. (Can't locate object method "new" via package
"Vend::DbSearch" (perhaps you forgot to load "Vend::DbSearch"?) at
/home/interch/interchange/lib/Vend/Scan.pm line 523. )

same ActionMap code on 5.8.2 works ok

best regards
Salvador