[ic] Forms done right

Josh Lavin jlavin at endpoint.com
Mon Aug 15 15:33:23 UTC 2016

Quoting Grant (emailgrant at gmail.com):
> My IC forms are non-standard and kind of cobbled together.  Is there
> an example online of how to do simple form validation and then
> conditional ITL execution?

Typically, one would just do something like:

    [set mycheck]
        &update=yes
        fname=required
    [/set]

    [set doSomething]
        [usertag here or other action]
    [/set]

    <form action="[area my-next-page]" method="post">
    <input type=hidden name=mv_action       value=go>
    <input type=hidden name=mv_form_profile value=mycheck>
    <input type=hidden name=mv_click        value=doSomething>

The mv_form_profile will happen before the mv_click, and the mv_click is
conditional on the profile passing. "mv_check", however, is _not_
conditional on the profile succeeding:
http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2003-February/031679.html

Also see:
http://interchange.rtfm.info/icdocs/category:Interchange_forms.html