[ic] Proposed Route patch

Mike Heins mike at heins.com
Fri Dec 23 20:28:42 UTC 2016

I'd have to look. This is a funny beast -- it is some of the first code in
Interchange and indeed is brought from the very earliest vend.pl code in
1995. My worry is that there is a tri-sense for $status. True, false, and
undef. Have you looked at how it is used in the "submit" action in
Vend::Dispatch?

On Fri, Dec 23, 2016 at 11:28 AM, Josh Lavin <jlavin at endpoint.com> wrote:

> It seems that the long-standing comment about the 'main' Route in
> catalog.cfg is wrong:
>
>     ## This route emails the order to you unless email is set to "", and
>     ## failsafe-logs the order report a couple of places
>
> If you follow those instructions, then you see an error:
>
>     > Empty order routing main_entry (and not explicitly empty).
>     > Either attach or email are required in the route setting.
>
> Kevin's docs are correct in this area:
> "Note that either attach, email or empty must be set for a route."
> http://interchange.rtfm.info/icdocs/Order_routing.html#email
>
> If you blank out 'email', but also set either 'attach' or 'empty' to 1,
> then customer orders never show a receipt page, nor clear the cart, yet
> an order is accepted.
>
> I followed the rabbit, and this ocurrs as $status is returned by
> route_order() and is necessary to show the receipt and clear the cart.
> Yet, $status is only set if emails are sent.
>
> The following patch fixes it, and corrects the documentation:
>
> https://github.com/jdigory/interchange/commit/
> 928a93b11c8862f38f201c0d1fdfb94d777cee69
>
> Does anyone know if setting $status to true when no emails are sent is a
> problem? Routing is an odd beast, but this seems to work fine in my
> tests.
>
> Thanks,
> Josh
> --
> Josh Lavin
> End Point Corporation

The problem with Internet quotations is that many of them
are not genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln