[ic] Perl::Dancer Conference 2016 - Meeting 2016-01-11

Sam Batschelet sbatschelet at mac.com
Tue Jan 12 12:45:10 UTC 2016

> On Jan 8, 2016, at 8:35 AM, Sam Batschelet <sbatschelet at mac.com> wrote:
>
> Interchange Enthusiast,

Thank you to all that joined us yesterday for the meeting.  For everyone who could not make it we wanted to summarize the topics and open up the floor for any additional comments and or location sugestions. Please feel free to respond directly to this email.

[ Venue ]
This year the conference will again take place in Europe. The location should have an affordable venue, decent travel connections, and a fair amount of local Perl users.  The conference venue ideally would be free or locally sponsored.

[ Proposed Locations ]
Vienna, Prag, Germany, Malta, Croatia, Brno, Bratislava, Greece
* Few notes on location, each will be tested for feasibility by plotting flights. Locations other than AT/DE we require a local organization team.

[ Format ]
The conference will consist of two days during the week with an optional 1 - 2 days training.  The training days will take place before the conference and availability will depend on interest.

[ Date ]
A general target of September was set with October as an alternate.

To close, this conference is a #community driven event and takes a lot of planning. If you are interested in getting involved please reach out to us at 2016 at perl.dance.  Thank you all for your continued support!

Regards,
Sam Batschelet

Perl::Dancer conference 2016.
https://www.perl.dance