[ic] leave site script

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Thu Mar 10 02:39:30 UTC 2016

On 10/03/16 08:33, David Etheredge wrote:
> Does anyone have a script for interchange to monitor when a user leaves
> the page? I would like to pop up and ask if the visitor would fill out a
> survey.

Setting aside the fact that it's extremely rude to try to block someone
from leaving your site, this ability (for security reasons) is extremely
limited in browsers.  Modern browsers will basically limit you to
displaying a popup asking if you're sure you want to leave the site, and
the language of the popup is hard-coded by the browser.

Peter