[ic] flypage / IC efficiency?

IC ic at tvcables.co.uk
Mon Sep 19 19:06:23 UTC 2016

> > Then in Track.pm (sub view_product) it gets the description and category
> > (why?), when it does this though it checks again the sku exists each
> > time, so that's another 4 queries.
>
> You can disable that with `UserTrack no` in your catalog.cfg. Almost
> nobody uses the UserTrack feature and it defaults to off in core and in
> the Strap catalog template.

Thanks, I'll disable that.

> [item-field] tag. It does a new SQL query for every invocation by design;

Why? Surely this is insane?

The whole IC distribution, even the latest version is littered with the item
and item-field tag, what is the point in designing a tag that is so
inefficient, in most cases it retrieves or checks a single item of data,
hence has to be used multiple times but uses 2 sql queries to do it.

I can get every item of data I need for the flypage from a single query with
left joins.

Regards,
Andy