[ic] Time for new hardware?

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Wed Sep 21 19:57:28 UTC 2016

On 22/09/16 04:55, Jon Jensen wrote:
> Sure, if you have a URL scheme then you can route only that to Interchange.
>
> Most people wanting the root URL space to be handled by Interchange are
> going to have trouble knowing what is and isn't an app-handled URL, if
> it includes any arbitrary product ID:

The general strategy I employ here is to route a few select directories
statically, eg: js, css, images, etc and one named "static" as a kind of
place to be able to stick anything else static in without having to
create new aliases in apache or nginx.  Everything else gets routed to
IC.  This works out well and with a few other tweaks can show short,
clean URLs for IC products.

Keep in mind that URLs that you're going to link to, that are shown in
the location bar, and that you might ask someone to hand-type are
generally IC URLs and supporting resources (images, CSS, JS files, etc)
are what you want to be served statically by your web server.  I tend to
like the more visible URLs to be short and neat.

Peter