[ic] Bad quantities

David Christensen david at endpoint.com
Mon Jul 24 18:59:41 UTC 2017

> On Jul 24, 2017, at 1:52 PM, Bob Puff <bob at nleaudio.com> wrote:
>
> Greetings,
>
> I have a catalog that has randomly been having quantities adjusted right at checkout.  A user will buy one item, and after they check out, it suddenly becomes 6 items.  It seems to happen on perhaps 1 out of every 50 orders.
>
> What is interesting is that the quantity reported starts with a "0", which doesn't normally happen.  In this example, the quantity got changed from 1 to "06":
>
> Shipping Method: UPS Second Day Air     Total Weight: 54
>
> Quan Item No.    Description                      Price Extension
> ---- ----------- -------------------------------- --------- ----------
> 06  buffalo-spe Product1 6 lbs Special           $68.99    $413.94
>     c           $68.99***SHIPPING INCLUDED***
>
>                                                SUBTOTAL      $413.94
>                                                SALES TAX         $0.00
>                                                SHIPPING        $0.00
>                                                TOTAL       $413.94
>
> Is there a way I can somehow test for this added "0"?  What could be causing it?

Hi Bob,

Is it possible this form has gotten auto-filled by the browser somehow?  I think I’ve heard of something like this happening occasionally for quantity fields,. of which I think the solution is to just to turn this off either for the form itself or for specific fields:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/Security/Securing_your_site/Turning_off_form_autocompletion

HTH,

David

--