[ic] Version

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Fri Mar 3 01:21:46 UTC 2017

On Thu, 2 Mar 2017, Josh Lavin wrote:

>>> ...shouldn't git be on 5.10.1 now?
>>
>> I didn't get any reply to this, but I'm sure the version should have
>> been bumped after the last stable release, but it wasn't.
>
> There hasn't yet been a 5.10.1 release.

We have traditionally increased the version number soon after a release so
that changes show up as part of the next expected release when people
mention a version number.

It could go the other way, and either is inaccurate and we'd be better off
showing a Git commit hash for unreleased versions, but historically that's
the way we did it.

Of course any committer is free to bump the version in the various places
it appears. The release checklist is here:

https://github.com/interchange/docs/blob/master/icdevgroup/release-notes.txt

Jon

--
Jon Jensen