[ic] old ic catalog (5.6.3) on new ic (5.6.10)

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Wed Oct 11 21:28:37 UTC 2017

On 12/10/17 07:55, marco wrote:
> Exclude permission or big endian/little endian problems seems 32/64 bit
> problem on binary files. Text files are good.
> Original files comes
>  from debian 6 32 bit tgz files
>  to debian 9 64 bit
> I am not sure about the way I use to tgz the archive (maybe tar) but if
> i write tgz archive in ssh consolle on debian6 32, transfer it with
> samba and and read it in ssh consolle 64 bit can I have this problem ?

GDBM is not compatible across versions and definitely not across
architectures.  You need to make sure the files are properly exported to
the .txt and .asc text files and delete the .gdbm files on the new
system.  Interchange will then re-create them from the text files the
next time it starts.

Peter