[ic] 500 Died in server spawn error caused by regex in log_transaction

IC ic at tvcables.co.uk
Fri Sep 8 12:52:35 UTC 2017

I don't know quite when this issue started but we started getting
complaints about a 500 error on the checkout when placing an order, I've
narrowed it down to a single regex line in log_transaction.

The error in the log is:-

/process.html Died in server spawn: Can't find Unicode property definition
"Word" ...

The regex that seems to cause the error is $out =~ s/[\r\n]+/\n/;

For now I have change it to $out =~ s/\r\n+/\n/mg; which seems fine.

I presume this is some kind of UTF8 error, any idea what causes it??

TIA,
Andy