[ic] Error installing ic 5.10 on debian 9

Josh Lavin jlavin at endpoint.com
Fri Sep 29 20:28:15 UTC 2017

Quoting David Christensen (david at endpoint.com):

> > with perl 5.24.1
> > # perl -MCPAN -e 'install "Bundle::InterchangeKitchenSink"'
> > inside interchange source dir
> > # perl Makefile.PL
> > # make
> > On make I obtain this error:
> > Can't locate scripts/initp.pl in @INC (..snip..) at relocate.pl line 25.
> > Makefile:907: recipe for target 'scripts/crontab' failed
> > make: *** [scripts/crontab] Error 2
>

> Hi Marco,
>
> What version of IC are you trying to install?
>
> I tested with a fresh plenv-based install of 5.24.1 on git HEAD, and
> was not able to reproduce the issue. You could provide the Makefile if
> you want to provide more detail.

I did have to change relocate.pl recently for 5.26:
https://github.com/interchange/interchange/commit/2f4212b67b0c3ccfa2741bb7be4c1036afe226ca#diff-860d2f1b7abed392558a5cd7f2ea9e6d

This should not have affected prior versions of Perl, since David's
test went OK, and also we are passing all the TravisCI tests of various
Perl versions.

5.24 should have worked with the prior version of relocate.pl too, but
you might need to use the "Git latest" version of Interchange, instead
of the "5.10 release". See README-DEVELOPMENT on how to use this:

https://github.com/interchange/interchange/blob/master/README-DEVELOPMENT

I have a few more fixes for 5.26, which I need to commit soon.

--
Josh Lavin
End Point Corporation