MiniVend Akopia Services

Weights change by size, and multiple sizes

I'm very sorry to take up the bandwidth here -- I've gotten most of my
initial questions answered by the search engine on the minivend site --
thank you to whomever set that up.

I have been unable to shed any light on my problem.  I know there are
some cludge-y ways to accomplish this, but I was hoping for a more
elegant (simple) solution than what I've been able to come up with --
hopefully using the database structures and tags instead of code patches
here and there.

Scenerio:

Items have multiple sizes.
Each size is a different price. (hence, pricing.asc fields: code vs.
size = price)
Each size is a different weight.

For computing shipping weights, which do you think?

1. A separate shipprice.asc database (code vs size = weight) -- if so,
how could I make the basket look up the weight with multiple sizes
possible?

2. Including extra fields in the pricing.asc database to designate
weights for sizes -- if so, how would I make it know a particularly
selected size was to be a corresponding weight, and similarly, how would
I make the basket know about this weight?

It seems to always come down to the basket...  :)

I would so very much appreciate any help someone might give me with this
frustration.

Thanks,
Mark

Search for: Match: Format: Sort by: