MiniVend Akopia Services

Re: admin area OR MiniMate

Quoting Stefan Hornburg (racke@linuxia.de):
> ******    message to minivend-users from Stefan Hornburg <racke@linuxia.de>     ******
>
> "Saulius" <sauliux@omnitel.net> writes:
>
> > Hello
> >
> > I want ask about shop administering via web.
> > I instaled Minimate, that works perfectly, but I did't found how to upload
> > files to webroot e.g. product pics.
> > Is that somehow posible?
>
> This is one (important) point on my virtual todo list for MiniMate.
> I will try to implement this ASAP.

I limit Minivend's internal file upload to relative paths for security
reasons.

If you have "Options FollowSymLinks" set on your HTTPD, then
you can just create a directory called "images" and use
the upload other files option. Symlink that directory to your
catalog HTML home.

You can't do it the other way around, because MiniVend will not traverse
symlinks when writing an upload file. Again, this is to prevent something
like:

	ln -s /home/other_user/catalogs/products images

Ideally there would be a listing mechanism like upload pages; some tags
in MiniMate do that....

--
Mike Heins                          http://www.minivend.com/  ___
                                    Internet Robotics        |_ _|____