MiniVend Akopia Services

shipping.asc - criterion with multiple values

G'day,

In a message I found in the archives, Mike wrote that the "criteria"
field in the shipping file can hold more than just a field name, and
the docs show that you can use more than one type of criteria - for
example the sample in the docs uses:

 upsg   UPS Ground   weight [value state]   0     0     e No items selected
 upsg   UPS Ground   AK HI                  0     150   u Ground [value zip] 12.00
 upsg   UPS Ground                          0     150   u Ground [value zip] 3.00

I have weight and subtotal as two that need to work together but I
need for the subtotal to be able to use a min/max range as well as the
weight.

The logic of it is:

If the weight is between 1 and 500, and the subtotal is from 100 to
199, the formula to use is 15.00 + 1.00.

At present, I have need for three of these sets for the subtotal
(100-199, 200-299, 300-399). I have far more weights to cope with in
the shipping.asc file than subtotal variations.

Is there an example of how to use two types of criteria when each
require a minimum and maximum -- similar to the state example above, but
using weight and [subtotal noformat=1] instead?

On a similar note, there've been messages in the past archives from
people in other countries who are setting up Minivend to work with
their shipping requirements.  Would it be possible to share our
shipping, country and updated ValidCC.pm files in perhaps a
"user-contributed" FTP area?

I realise after spending countless hours setting up different shipping
and country files that not everyone would be willing to share their
hard work, but I'd be willing to share mine just so someone in
Australia wanting to use Minivend in the future wouldn't have to
reinvent the wheel.

Cheers,
Gaelyne

 //\         /\\    Gaelyne R. Gasson        gaelyne@videocam.net.au
|| * \ . . / * ||   90 Hilliers Rd           Phone: +61 8 8322-2716
 \\____\X/____//    Reynella, S.A. 5161      Fax:   +61 8 8387-5810
  / *  /O\  * \     Australia                ICQ:   5069384
  \__/  "  \__/     http://videocam.net.au   http://vcsweb.com
                    C64/128 Support  *  Web Hosting  *  Web Design

Search for: Match: Format: Sort by: