MiniVend Akopia Services

Re: [mv] Amazon (Patent) US5960411: Method and system for placinga purchase order via a communications

If anyone could follow up on real legal opinion on this and post
it to the group that would be very helpful.  Personally, I feel
that what **we think** is right or should be right is of little
import.

My understanding, FWIW, is that a patent on an idea is not enough,
but that Amazon will have to show some common code base.  Frankly,
I'm not sure what they are **really** angling at; maybe pursuing
the patent this way simply puts them on record with the biggest
land claim whether it fails or not.  I don't know and would sure
like to hear what "Deep Throat" might say.

Is anyone willing to put money on Amazon actually succeeding in
obtaining and enforcing such a patent and still staying in business?
"When you shop at Amazon, bring your Amazon CC because Amazon
doesn't (can't) take Visa, MC, Amex, Discover, ....?"

hmmmmm

$.02

cfm

--

Christopher F. Miller, Publisher                             cfm@maine.com
MaineStreet Communications, Inc         208 Portland Road, Gray, ME  04039

Search for: Match: Format: Sort by: