Akopia Akopia Services

[mv] Search Problem!!

******    message to minivend-users from "Humberto T Reyes" <htreyes@earthlink.net>     ******

Greetings again,

I am really stuck on this and could use any guidance--PLEASE!!

This was working when I was using mv 3.14-4 and Mysql on Red Hat 5.2.  I am
now using mv 4.04 and MySQL on Red Hat 6.2

I have a file search.profiles in the /etc directory here is a sample:

_NAME__ emit
mv_searchtype=sql
mv_sql_query=Select sku from products where subcategory='Emitter' order by
manufacturer
sp=emitters_results.html
va=choice=Emitter
va=pass2=yes
va=reset=1
va=sort=A
ml=14
__END__

I then would call this search profile from a page as follows:

<A HREF="[area scan mp=emit]">Emitters</A>

Once I click on the link it takes me to the correct result page without any
results.  The error log states the following:

/cgi-bin/evine/scan/mp=emit.html search error: Search stri
ngs must be at least 1 characters.
> You had no search string specified.

Does anyone have any ideas??  Why does MV add a .html at the end of the
string?

Please help.

Humberto Reyes
htreyes@earthlink.net