From: owner-minivend-users@minivend.com
[mailto:owner-minivend-users@minivend.com]On Behalf Of Bill Randle
Sent: Saturday, June 03, 2000 6:58 PM
To: minivend-users@minivend.com
Subject: Re: [mv] How Do You Get The Visitor's IP Address?

******    message to minivend-users from "Bill Randle"
<billr@exgate.tek.com>     ******

Cameron,

Have you tried [data session ohost]? (Yes, 'ohost', not 'host'.)
It appears this may have the contents of REMOTE_ADDR (aka
$CGI::remote_addr).

	-Bill

On Jun 3,  4:46am, Cameron B. Prince wrote:
} Subject: [mv] How Do You Get The Visitor's IP Address?
} ******    message to minivend-users from "Cameron B. Prince"
}<cbp@InternetExpertsLLC.com>     ******
}
} Hi list,
}
} I am having a heck of a time trying to get the visitor's ip address.
}
} Here's what I have tried after not finding much in the list:
}
} [perl]
}   $ip = $ENV{REMOTE_ADDR};
}   return $ip;
} [/perl]
}
}
} And also basically the same in a GlobalSub
}
}
} As well as a GlobalSub calling an external script:
}
} Calling GlobalSub from page:
}
} [perl arg=sub interpolate=1]CaptureIP()[/perl]
}
} GlobalSub from minivend.cfg:
}
} GlobalSub <<EOF
} sub CaptureIP {
} my $ip = system("perl -s /var/lib/minivend/iellc/ip_address.pl");
} $Vend::Session->{scratch}->{ip_address} = $ip;
} return "$ip";
} }
} EOF
}
} ip_address external perl script:
}
} #!/usr/bin/perl
}
} sub ip {
}        my $ip = $ENV{'REMOTE_ADDR'};
}        return $ip;
}         exit;
} }
}
}
}
} None of these produce the ip address.
}
} Any hints?
}
}
} Thanks,
}
} Cameron
}
} -
} To unsubscribe from the list, DO NOT REPLY to this message.  Instead, send
} email with 'UNSUBSCRIBE minivend-users' in the body to
Majordomo@minivend.com.
} Archive of past messages: http://www.minivend.com/minivend/minivend-list
}-- End of excerpt from Cameron B. Prince

-
email with 'UNSUBSCRIBE minivend-users' in the body to
Majordomo@minivend.com.

-
email with 'UNSUBSCRIBE minivend-users' in the body to Majordomo@minivend.com.

Search for: Match: Format: Sort by: