Akopia Akopia Services

Re: [mv] Moving an existing Minivend configuration

******    message to minivend-users from Ed LaFrance <edlafrance@printexusa.com>     ******

Probably the easiest way is to install minivend and a demo catalog on the
development machine, following the minivend docs.  Give the demo catalog
the same name as the one which is running.  Once you have confirmed that
the demo works, copy the pages directory and all subdirs, exported sources
for database files (i.e. products.txt, userdb.txt, may be .asc in 3.1x
installations, be sure to export them from the running catalog before
copying, if you need current data) into the corresponding places in the
demo install.  Paste the "catalog definition" block of variables from your
demo catalog.cfg file into a copy of the catalog.cfg from the running
catalog, and use this "hybrid" to replace the catalog.cfg in your demo
install.  Reconfigure the catalog (or restart the minivend server) and you
should have it!

Note that you may need to do some "spot" editing of the catalog.cfg here
and there, if someone had defined variables for paths, external programs or
whatever, in scattered locations throughout the catalog.cfg.

- Ed L.

At 07:26 PM 6/6/00 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi everybody,
>
>     I am a newbie using Minivend. I am just trying to make run an already
> running minivend configuration in another machine for development. Which
> is the best method to do that? Should I copy all the files from the
> source machine, and then battle against configuration files? Or should I
> install minivend on the target machine, and try to set up the catalog
> imported instead?
>
>     I'm quite lost, any help will be appreciated. Thanks
>
>     Unai

Printex Marking Technologies
12113 Kirkham Rd.
Poway, CA  92064  U.S.A.