Akopia Akopia Services

Re: [mv] MV 3.14-5 locale & currency

******    message to minivend-users from Hans-Joachim Leidinger <jojo@buchonline.net>     ******

"Barry Treahy, Jr." schrieb:

> ******    message to minivend-users from "Barry Treahy, Jr." <Treahy@mmaz.com>     ******
>
> Hi, thanks for the suggestion, but actually I had started off without the currency qualifier on the
> setlocale and that failed to do the conversion altogether.  Additionally, I attempted to make use of
> the price_picture which didn't work.  I took a quick look at the MV code and see where everything is
> referenced and saw no apparent (the Perl wizard I am not) reason for it not to work.
>
> Because I was in a crunch, I created a price_picture for both currencys that is ###,###,###.## and
> manually place the currency symbols.  This kloogy, but I was out of time.  What is still strange is
> that the numeric price_picture mask without any currency symbol would work for dollars and pounds,
> but once I placed a currency symbol (ie $ or &pound;) in the mask, MV would always use $.
>
> Yes, I did restart MV each time and I did gut and attempt the same process through the
> locale.asc/gdbm files too, with no better results.
>
> I would like to do it right, but speed was more critical.  If any other ideas are bouncing around,
> let me know, I can always refine it...  Anyways, thanks again...
>
> Barry
>
> Hans-Joachim Leidinger wrote:
>
> > > Quick question, what could cause MV to ignore the currency symbol here?
> > >
> > > Locale en_PB pricedivide 1.3426
> > > Locale en_PB mon_thousands_sep ,
> > > Locale en_PB mon_decimal_point .
> > > Locale en_PB p_cs_precedes 1
> > > Locale en_PB frac_digits 2
> > > Locale en_PB currency_symbol &pound;
> > >
> > > The HTML looks like:
> > >
> > > [setlocale currency=en_PB]
> > >             <TR>
> > > convert=1][data table=
> >
> > Hmmm... I've two different locale setting and it works. Maybe it will
> > works for you too, if you try
> >
> > [setlocale en_PB]
>
> > instead of
> >
> > [setlocale currency=en_PB]

Hmmm...maybe there are more codes between setlocale tags and maybe this
can cause some trouble. I see

1. [setlocale currency=en_PB]
2. some other codes
3. [currency convert=1]
4. [data table=....

I believe, it is not very sure that you can use a lot of any MV-Tags
inside any other MV-Tags.
Maybe, this can works for you:

1. Make a scratch variable like

  [seti localedummy][data table=....][/seti]

2. try

  [setlocale en_PB]
  [currency][scratch localedummy][/currency]

3. Make sure, your locale.txt (or locale.asc) is right, because you can
define the currency symbol in the file "locale.txt" (or locale.asc) too.
Make sure, you define all the locale stuff in catalog.cfg _or_ in
locale.txt only. If I remembered right, I've had the same behavior like
you and I've set to different locale in my catalog.cfg, but in my
locale.txt, there was one price_picture for one locale only. The result
was "DM" and "$" instead of "DM" and "DM" for my both locale.

I hope, this can helps you!

Joachim

--
-------------Hans-Joachim Leidinger---------------------