Akopia Akopia Services

Re: [mv] MV 3.14-5 locale & currency

******    message to minivend-users from "Barry Treahy, Jr." <Treahy@mmaz.com>     ******

Hi, thanks for the suggestion, but actually I had started off without the currency qualifier on the
setlocale and that failed to do the conversion altogether.  Additionally, I attempted to make use of
the price_picture which didn't work.  I took a quick look at the MV code and see where everything is
referenced and saw no apparent (the Perl wizard I am not) reason for it not to work.

Because I was in a crunch, I created a price_picture for both currencys that is ###,###,###.## and
manually place the currency symbols.  This kloogy, but I was out of time.  What is still strange is
that the numeric price_picture mask without any currency symbol would work for dollars and pounds,
but once I placed a currency symbol (ie $ or &pound;) in the mask, MV would always use $.

Yes, I did restart MV each time and I did gut and attempt the same process through the
locale.asc/gdbm files too, with no better results.

I would like to do it right, but speed was more critical.  If any other ideas are bouncing around,
let me know, I can always refine it...  Anyways, thanks again...

Barry

--

Barry Treahy, Jr  *  Midwest Microwave  *  Vice President & CIO

E-mail: Treahy@mmaz.com * Phone: 480/314-1320 * FAX: 480/661-7028

-