Akopia Akopia Services

[mv] Discount everything but 1 item?

******    message to minivend-users from Chris Rapier <rapier@psc.edu>     ******

My clients decided they want to sell gift certificates. They also have a
set of customers that are entitled to a 10% discount. They don't want
the gift certificates to be discounted though.

Right now the discount for the 10%ers is being done with
[discount ALL_ITEMS]$s * .9[/discount]

Is there any easy way to exclude a subset of items from this discount?

I'm guessing there isn't. The alternative, that I see, is to determine
the amount of discount as applied to the gift certificates and add it
back into the order as a whole with something like
[discount ENTIRE_ORDER] $s + [scratch gift_cert_disc_amt][/discount]

But that just seems like a mess. Any ideas?
-
email with 'UNSUBSCRIBE minivend-users' in the body to Majordomo@minivend.com.

Search for: Match: Format: Sort by: