Akopia Akopia Services

Re: [mv] Chaining together OrderProfiles?

******    message to minivend-users from cfm@maine.com     ******

On Sat, Aug 26, 2000 at 02:59:37PM -0400, Mike Heins wrote:
> ******    message to minivend-users from Mike Heins <mikeh@minivend.com>     ******
>
> Quoting cfm@maine.com (cfm@maine.com):
> > > Quoting cfm@maine.com (cfm@maine.com):

> > I'm satisfied with failing on the first bump.

> But I don't like the idea of not telling the user all the errors at once
> myself.
>
> I will do some thinking on this one. If anyone has some suggestions for
> how the flow might make sense, I am all ears. 8-)

It depends as well on the order of the profiles.  One might get
some errors down the road for what would otherwise be undefined states.

a + b will not necessarily be same as b + a

eg If one of the earlier profiles says one must choose EITHER a
gift certificate OR a delivery date, then showing errors based on
invalid delivery dates and shipping methods makes no real sense.

--

Christopher F. Miller, Publisher                             cfm@maine.com
MaineStreet Communications, Inc         208 Portland Road, Gray, ME  04039