Akopia Akopia Services

Re: [mv] Search differences

******    message to minivend-users from Mike Heins <mikeh@minivend.com>     ******

Quoting Stefan Hornburg (racke@linuxia.de):
> ******    message to minivend-users from Stefan Hornburg <racke@linuxia.de>     ******
>

> I like to make a complex SQL query for a search:
> select * from .. where .. in (12, 15, 22).
>
> Passed in a search form with sq=
> this results in "BAD SQL" because SQL::Statement don't knows
> of "in".
>
> If I use [query sql=".."], this seems not to get parsed by SQL::Statement,
> so I suffices. But the results page is quite complex, so I need
> several loops over the search list.
> This works fine:
>
> [search-region]
> [search-list]
> [/search-list]
> [/search-region]

> [search-region]
> [search-list]
> [/search-list]
> [/search-region]
>
> but with query it is not possible to limit the search:
>
> [query list=1 more=1 ml=3]
> [/query]

> [query list=1 more=1 ml=3]
> [/query]
>
> On the succeeding pages, the first query shows the succeeding results,
> but the other queries shows always the first 3 results.
>
> Looking into the code Vend::More_in_progress is reset to undef
> on the first invocation.
>
> Any hints ?

This is a case of having the products database not in SQL, but the
target table in SQL.

In that case, you need to say [query base=table_that_is_sql sql="...."]
so the SQL is not touched by SQL::Statement.

phone +1.513.523.8220 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

Fast, reliable, cheap.  Pick two and we'll talk.  -- unknown
-