Akopia Akopia Services

Re: [mv] How to have qty breaks based on a 'group' ?

******    message to minivend-users from John Beima <jbeima@palb.com>     ******

G'Day Ryan,

If I recall right you can already do this with the system in place. It is
even explained in the manual. You setup like or related items. This way
you can do "Any three out of these 6 items for x or less x"... Check the
4.04 manual under discounts and pricing...

John Beima

Quoting Ryan <rps@willconsult.com>:

> ******    message to minivend-users from Ryan <rps@willconsult.com>
> ******
>
> Hello. I need to enable quantity breaks using a code other than
> the item code. Usually MV sees that the user has placed X qty of
> an item in to their cart and so gives them the qty break price for
> ordering X of those items.
>
> I need to use the same pricing.asc file, and the normal method
> described above, but also need use qty break prices if the
> user orders X number of items that are in the same group. I will
> have a 'groupcode' field in my database. It will contain a unique
> key for each group. So if two products are ordered (lets say A and B)
> and they both have the same value in the 'groupcode' field, I need
> to use the qty break price for a qty of 2 for both products.
>
> My thinking was loop though all items in the basket, count up
> the ones that have more than 1 product in a unique groupcode.
>
> Then loop through this subset of products, and for each one
> change the price to the correct qty break based on how many
> items in the cart belong to that group.
>
> Its this last part I dont't know how to do.
>
> Any ideas? Another way do to it? Thanks,
>
> Ryan
>
> -
> To unsubscribe from the list, DO NOT REPLY to this message.  Instead,
send
> email with 'UNSUBSCRIBE minivend-users' in the body to
> Majordomo@minivend.com.
> Archive of past messages:
http://www.minivend.com/minivend/minivend-list

-