Akopia Akopia Services

Re: [mv] Re: Interchange QuickBooks Extension -- Quickbooks support for transactions and items: where do I find more information

******    message to minivend-users from Mike Heins <mikeh@minivend.com>     ******

Quoting Mike Heins (mikeh@minivend.com):
> ******    message to minivend-users from Mike Heins <mikeh@minivend.com>     ******
>
> Quoting Dan Browning (danb@cyclonecomputers.com):
> > I just downloaded (via CVS update) the Interchange Quickbooks extension.
> > I've translated the ic_qb.pod to a pdf format and have been reading that,
> > and I'm trying to read the source code as well to get a handle on this.
> >
> > It is very important to me right now because within the next week I need to
> > decide on either Quickbooks Pro 6, BusinessWorks Gold, or MAS90 for my
> > accounting software.  And the decision is mostly based on "cheapest software
> > that will integrate with interchange (or at least integrate with the
> > postgresql backend)".
> >
> > I was going to write my own middleware for whichever actg. package I chose,
> > but I'm glad I haven't started yet --because now I have found this!
> >
> > How new is this software?
>
> You must be monitoring CVS closely, because it is *very* new. I wrote
> it all yesterday and committed it to CVS this morning. 8-)

And you will need to do another CVS update before it will work, because
I added a filter to Interpolate.pm and fixed field_accessor() on Table/DBI.pm,
both of which are needed for the quickbooks stuff.

phone +1.513.523.8220 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

Friends don't let friends use Outlook. -- Bob Blaylock
-