Akopia Akopia Services

[mv] Re: Future of minivend-users

******    message to minivend-users from Toni Mueller <support-minivend@oeko.net>     ******

Hello,

On Fri, Sep 08, 2000 at 12:55:24PM -0500, John Foster wrote:
> Mike Heins wrote:
> > Many people are copying both lists on
> > their posts.
> I think these should be separated.

agreed, but

> Let each of us decide which list we NEED to subscribe to. The traffic is
> too heavy to allow posting to both lists with the questions that do not
> pertain to that mailing list. I personally have no NEED to use the

that would imho need moderation. But I don't see nor want that,
I think.

> good way to allow those who want to correspond with users that use both
> systems so is to set up a news group that combines both. My 2 bits worth
> :-)

I'd say that this is a theoretical approach in that a news group
will no doubtedly expose us all to much more spam than is today, and
also reduce the s/n ratio to a point where it's useless to have this
group. Also, news are imho much less reliable to get than is a
mailing list. So my vote goes against a news group...

I'm personally subscribed to both mailing lists and want to switch
over from mv4 to ic as early as possible. In that case I would then
probably leave the minivend list. So I think the mv list would dry
out or become a mv3 user list, naturally. Problem solved, imho.

Best Regards,
--Toni++

-
email with 'UNSUBSCRIBE minivend-users' in the body to Majordomo@minivend.com.