Akopia Akopia Services

Re: [mv] Loop-Next Type Tag in [search-list] container

******    message to minivend-users from Steve & Patti Getzinger <steveandpatti@wubs.org>     ******

  How about using the ml=15 instead of the default 50 in your tag to start. At least
from memory I think it is tf. Next what about on-change then comes the condition to test
or even a simple if. Coordinated searches are done using a stacked concept. So this:

se=trees
se=dogs
sf=treetypes
sf=animals
co=yes
ml=15
tf=treetypes

would yield all the entries that matched trees in the treetype field and then from that
list it would isolate out the ones that had dogs listed in the animals field. It would
place 15 returns per page and sort alphabetically the returns based on the treetypes
field. 1st se goes with 1st sf and so on.

Hope that helps
Steve

Cory Trese wrote:

> ******    message to minivend-users from Cory Trese <digital@frognet.net>     ******
>
> Dearest List --
>
> I have a page where I need to be both able to limit a search based on a
> field in the database (I've had no luck with co-ord searches...) as well
> as make use of the [more] tags to limit the display to 50 matches.
>
> Currently, I'm using a [loop search="...] tag to do an inline search and
> then using the [loop-next] container tag to test a field in a database
> to see if the record should be displayed.  This works fine, for now, but
> soon much more data will be added.
>
> If anyone has an idea on how I can achieve this using a standard results
> page (by adding a loop-next type tage to the [search-list] region on my
> results page, which would replace the page containing the [loop search]
> stuff.)
>
> If you can help me, a CC: digital@frognet.net, would be really nice.
>
> Thanks in advance for any reply,
> Cory Trese
>
> ps : I guess that if it were possible to use a [more] construct like tag
> (1 2 3 4 5 Next ...  sorta thing within a loop search, that would also
> work :)
> -
> To unsubscribe from the list, DO NOT REPLY to this message.  Instead, send
> email with 'UNSUBSCRIBE minivend-users' in the body to Majordomo@minivend.com.
> Archive of past messages: http://www.minivend.com/minivend/minivend-list

  WDI                          Steve & Patti Getzinger
  702 Lincolnway West          steveandpatti@wubs.org
  South Bend, IN  46616        http://www.wubs.org/
  219-287-4700 (Main Office)   317-535-0239 (Direct Line)