Akopia Akopia Services

Re: [mv] 500 Internal Server Error

******    message to minivend-users from Steve & Patti Getzinger <steveandpatti@wubs.org>     ******

Eric Olsson wrote:

> ******    message to minivend-users from "Eric Olsson" <eric@yourplana.com>     ******
>
> Hi,
>
> (First of all: I hope I'm not doing anything stupid sending this to
> the minivend-users list. Developer.akopia.com has been down
> for almost 24h and I didn't find out how to join the interchange-users
> list if it exists. As far as I understand Minivend and Interchange is
> almost the same product. Please advice me if I'm wrong. I am very
> sorry for any inconvinience.)
>
> I have tried to install Interchange 4.5.8 on several RH Linux 6.1 (and 6.2)
> servers the last few days. The installations itself seems to be ok, but when
> I try to access a store I get "Internal Server Error".
>
> I have searched the archive, but didn't find an answer to my problem.
>
> I'm able to open http://server/construct and I get the "welcome to
> construct something"-greeting, but when I click "enter as a customer"
> or "admin interface", the Internal Server Error Shows up.
>
> Usually I would believe that either the path to Perl is wrong, or that
> a file has wrong permissions. But since Interchange consists of so many
> files I'm not quite sure where to start. (I have checked that the path to
> Perl is correct for the file "construct" located in my cgi-bin though.)
>
> This is what the server error log says:
>
> > Use of uninitialized value at /home/easierdays/www/cgi-bin/construct line 146.
> > ok= def: 1 connect: Connection refused
> > [Tue Oct 24 19:15:23 2000] [error] [client 193.217.196.242] Premature end of script
> > headers: /home/easierdays/www/cgi-bin/construct
>
>     Line 146 in "construct" is this one:
>         die "ok=$ok def: $undef connect: $!\n" if ! $ok;
>
> The Interchange error.log and the store error.log says absolutely nothing.
> (They're both blank.)
>
> I am running the Interchange daemon as a regular user on the server, but
> a weird thing is that I can't find the process ID with the 'top' (nor with top -c as root).
> But it seems like it's running anyway, cause when I try to restart it first stops
> it (and gives me the PID it killed), then restarts and it gives me a new PID.
>
> Hope someone can give me a hint, I'm stuck...
>
> Thanks,
> - Eric
>
> -
> To unsubscribe from the list, DO NOT REPLY to this message.  Instead, send
> email with 'UNSUBSCRIBE minivend-users' in the body to Majordomo@minivend.com.
> Archive of past messages: http://www.minivend.com/minivend/minivend-list

Did you do the install with the rpm or tar file? If you used the rpm it sets up the user and
group automatically. Since you are using RH (which I am sending this message from :)  ) I
suggest blowing away what you have installed and downloading the correct rpm file. Then doing
a simple rpm -ivh name of file. Now start the server with /etc/rc.d/init.d/interchnage start
Let me know how it works out :) I run RH 6.2 and 7 and have IC 4.5.6, IC 4.5.8, MV 3.14
installed and all runs just fine.

Steve

-
email with 'UNSUBSCRIBE minivend-users' in the body to Majordomo@minivend.com.